Search This Blog


throughout this site i hope you find some inspiration, every single person has a dream they wish they could achieve, what's your wish?

through the use of this site i aim to tick every item off my list and raise £500,000 for Make-A-Wish foundation uk. I hope you can be part of that too.

please feel free to browse the site, make a donation via the 'just giving' link if you can, and do not hesitate to contact me at you can also send stories and pictures that maybe published here if you like.

Thursday, 24 February 2011


have finnaly took the plunge, and i have to say it's not bad!!!
now i'm not scared of needles or the sight of blood but for what ever reason i kept putting this off, but now i have done it and it was really really easy to do too.

do you know only 5% of all people able to give blood do! so what are the other 95% of you doing? plus it's really simple to do....

first i went on line and checked through the FAQ,next i sent off for an introduction pack (even at this point you do not have to commit to anyhting) they sent me a very insightful DVD, a FAQ book, and an invitation to a blood donation session.
so i turned up to the session, here you are given a form to fill out with some questions relating to your health next you are given a large glass of water, and a booklet to read through, when my name was called out i had to see a nurse who kindly explained what happens, how it works, any queeries i had,etc. she also took an iron test ~this is done by a very small prick in the index finger and is done to ensure your healthy enough to do it so that you won't pass out.

next i was directed to a bed where you give blood, the nurse there explains proceedures so your sure you know what is happening and that you are still happy to go through with it. then a needle is inserted into your arm and hooke upto a machine which draws the blood. well that's what normally happens mine however decided it would do things differently. first i apparently have deep veins meaning it was difficult to find a vein to use, then the machine decided it wasn't going to draw my blood properly then after filling 3/4's of the recommended amount it broke completly. after the nurse removed my bag another nurse placed another bag onto the machine luckly she was stopped otherwise i would have donated twice in one night!
even though there were a few mishaps, it wasn't scarey, painful or bad!
infact after your done you even get a cuppa tea and a biscuit, what can be better than that? plus you do the job lying down!!!

so what are you waiting for do something amazing give blood!

Disclaimer; in the uk it is forbidden to recieve gifts, rewards, or money inc sponsorship to give blood. so i would like to point out that as i have not yet raised any money i have not broke this rule plus i did this as a personal achievement, but as it is on my list i felt that i should write about it, plus i signed up to do this before i even created this blog!!!